Yeah well, when I started this I admitted to being a slacker with these sorts of things! What has happened in the last 7 months? Brianna turned 4 in May, Samantha just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. We had 2 fabulous birthday parties/weekends with lots of good friends and family around! In April we took a trip to San Antonio with the Campbells which was incredible!!! 3 months later and the girls still talk about going back on a daily basis! Brianna especially has become so obsessed with Shamu that we have watched countless you tube videos of Sea World and I can't even count the number of times we have watched Free Willy! We are thinking maybe another weekend down there is in order....maybe November? It should be nice and comfortable weather wise and hopefully not too busy with kids in school!
Our Summer has been filled with lots of weekend visitors and as much pool time as possible! This year rather than going back to the swim school in Dallas that we have always gone to we had lessons out here at our pool. Both girls are doing incredibly well and are always happy to be in the pool!
Brianna had her first "camp" experience at the end of June. Gymnastics Day Camp at the Gym they go to during the year. It was the first time I was truly leaving her someplace....like actually leaving the building! That certainly had its ups and downs for both of us! When I left her that first day I have to say I felt a bit sick! There was a strange mix of fear and excitement for both of us I think. I am certain though that this was the best place to leave her like that for the first time because she is comfortable in the gym and with Miss Kristi so I really didn't worry too much! I was more concerned for Kristi and what she might have to deal with! Coach Stacy, the owner of the gym and head coach, who has over 40 years experience in competitive gymnastics actually told me that Brianna is "incredibly bright" and a wonderful student. He also said she has a "tremendous amount of talent"! WOO HOO! Talk about making my week! I needed that too because what a week it was! Daily trips to Tyler = almost 2 hours a day in the car. Then my car crapped out on me! Had to have the transmission rebuilt! Didn't have the car for the last couple of days which made things even more hectic! All in all is was a wonderful week though...so much so that she is signed up for another week starting this Monday. I'm ready though...I think!
Both girls now have "big girl" bikes complete with training wheels! Samantha will tell you that hers goes "really fast!" She does go fast and it is pretty amazing to watch! She is a daredevil through and through! She loves Dad's motorcycles, and can't get enough of Brandon's Jet Ski in the lake! She now also likes to go off the end of the dock (with a life jacket of course) and swim around to the beach. I myself will probably never do that. Put me in the pool but the lake? Ugh!
We (well, maybe not all of us) are looking forward to Brianna starting preschool in just about a month! She will be in 3 days and I am very excited for her. I know she is not totally thrilled with the idea at this point but I also know that she will love it. It may take a bit and I am trying to prepare myself for some tearful drop offs. The worst part about it is that it is in Gilmer, about a 30 minute drive (normal for out here). They start the curriculum at 8am thats EIGHT am! I was hoping for 9! Life as I have known it for the last 4 years is about to change drastically! I feel bad for Sam because she will also have to get up and out with us! I am however looking forward to spending time with Samantha like I have never done before! In just a year She will be heading off to pre school while Brianna is heading to full day Kindergarten! It is going toooo fast! I have decided that I probably need to start setting my alarm on a daily basis again so it is not too much of a shock to the system and bed times need to gradually start getting earlier too!!
So that has been what has gone on here for the most part! I once again am going to try and keep up with this a little better from now on! Between camp/preschool/playgroup/MOPS and now being a part of the "Holly Lake Ranch Recreation Committee" (not sure what I'm getting into) I will do my best!
No comments:
Post a Comment